Worthing Occult and Paranormal Investigations

occult and paranormal - 24 hour contact number - 07939513362 . or 07980993105 alternatively Email us - [email protected]

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > A ghost crossing the road in Armagh

Tom G

A ghost crossing the road in Armagh, Northern Ireland, is captured on a dash cam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-VI-LgLprM&sns=fb

If it's a hoax, someone is pioneering a new method of video hoaxing, as far as I can see.

--

August 1, 2017 at 8:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Linda

I have looked at this video and the person seems "solid" but must be quite small - or so it would appear.  The area by the wall is very dark and as the figure is also wearing dark clothes, so it's hard to see if the "ghost" walked through the wall or was just standing by the wall .

--

August 1, 2017 at 9:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Malcolm

What fascinating footage. Either one of the best hoaxes ever, or compelling proof of ghosts. The figure seems to have no features & looks almost like a shadow, It would be interesting to learn if a fatal accident had taken place at this location.

August 2, 2017 at 5:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tom G

The way this 18th Century figure wearing a tricorn steps off the left-hand pavement, after waiting, crosses the road and disappears into the right-hand wall would seem to suggest that the pavement is older than the wall. But since the houses look Victorian or probably even later, and since, outside capital cities, street pavements didn't, I think, feature on the urban landscape until the 19th Century, this seems dubious. Also we don't see the guy emerging from the buildings; and I find it strange that the dashcam gives the impression of being hand-held from the outset.

So if this is a hoax and hoaxes like this are reasonably easy to make, we'd better be on our guard :-).

--

August 2, 2017 at 10:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tom G

Oh I see now that it's a  case of an easily made hoax:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-VI-LgLprM&sns=fb

--

August 2, 2017 at 10:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tom G

Sorry I meant to give this link:

https://www.google.com/maps/@54.3479504,-6.6569441,3a,75y,71.54h,61.27t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sKxVjaixx0zyk0cGuP8J9ng!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

--

August 2, 2017 at 11:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Malcolm

Thank you Tom, now I can see how it was done, imfeeling a bit silly. I mustn't take things at face value & not knowing the road involved.

August 2, 2017 at 3:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Malcolm

Thank you Tom, now I can see how it was done, imfeeling a bit silly. I mustn't take things at face value & not knowing the road involved.

August 2, 2017 at 3:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tom G

Malcolm at August 2, 2017 at 3:24 PM

Don't worry: it was me who posted it here; and it took in 'himself' - Thomas Sheridan - inasmuch as he posted it to his FB without comment, like it was something valuable.

The simplest ones are always the best, eh?

--

August 2, 2017 at 3:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tom G

<<The simplest ones are always the best, eh?>> makes me think of when I was given a conjuring set as a boy. I loved that conjuring set. But everyone worked out the tricks very quickly and when I did magic shows, the kids who had sussed them always made sure I got humiliated by their exposing the trick. But the thing was there was one trick that always had all these cheeky observers gasping. It was just a plastic ball that slipped down a cotton thread, and it would always come to an immediate halt whenever anyone said, at their leisure, 'stop'. In all my demonstrations, nobody sussed it but it was the only trick in the whole show that was extremely simple: I just had to pull the cotton taut. Ha!

Well, most intelligent, educated, down-to-earth people get taken in by such ideas as that the <such-and-such> * event was carried out by <such-and-such> people; and in the Middle Ages people would pay the Catholic church their life's savings to be spared Purgatory by the Pope.

The anatomy of belief is.,. what's the word... incredible.

*  Shan't say what I'm thinking of, as it refers to a conspiracy theory, that can easily be shown to be true.

--

August 2, 2017 at 3:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie
What about the now famous Most Haunted ghost caught on camera 2017? If you look at the ghost carefully and then look at the back of the man chasing it, the man and the ghost seem to have the same shape and outline. What do you think? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rxRZaEV5ZA
August 2, 2017 at 3:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tom G

When you look at history and the way even educated, highly intelligent people have apparently been extremely gullible, it has an effect on you. It led me to toy with the idea of completely rejecting all forms of belief. This, I soon found, is a nasty place to be. Belief is the tool that enables us to get on with our life (or not, as the case may be). It just also happens to make *us* tools of the powerful of this world (and perhaps, of higher worlds also).

--

August 2, 2017 at 4:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

r93

I love Armagh. It's a beautiful city.I drove through there only last week. There was no mention of this on local news as happens when  a 'ghost' is said to be caught on CCTV etc. I would surmise It's a hoax.

August 8, 2017 at 9:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

1258 views - 0 comments
1451 views - 0 comments
1454 views - 0 comments
1562 views - 0 comments

Recent Video Blogs

No video yet.

Recent Podcasts

• Cleaned Up
    February 04, 2014 | 3 Comments