Worthing Occult and Paranormal Investigations

occult and paranormal - 24 hour contact number - 07939513362 . or 07980993105 alternatively Email us - [email protected]

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Ice House at Patching

Melanie

The Ice House was in Patching and when discovered had been very neglected, with the doors to the entrance virtually destroyed and access almost impossible. The room extended about 20 feet below ground level, making access to the lower areas only possible by ladder.

An under gardener at Dulaney House, committed suicide in the icehouse by drinking cyanide.

Would make for a great investiation!

I don't know for sure if the Ice House is still there but would bet that it is.   Can't seem to put a picture of it on this post but will try to put it in the picture section.

August 4, 2017 at 3:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Charles Walker
Site Owner

Melanie at August 4, 2017 at 3:12 PM

The Ice House was in Patching and when discovered had been very neglected, with the doors to the entrance virtually destroyed and access almost impossible. The room extended about 20 feet below ground level, making access to the lower areas only possible by ladder.

An under gardener at Dulaney House, committed suicide in the icehouse by drinking cyanide.

Would make for a great investiation!

I don't know for sure if the Ice House is still there but would bet that it is.   Can't seem to put a picture of it on this post but will try to put it in the picture section.

That sounds very very interesting - if it is still there.

August 4, 2017 at 5:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tom G

Can we have some dates?

--

August 4, 2017 at 7:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie
Just been told by my cousin that there is another one in Patching which is very visible from the road. Have messaged Charles on Facebook with the pictures to ask him to put them on here
August 5, 2017 at 4:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Malcolm

This sounds most interesting & would make for a good investigation.Count me in, if it is gioing to happen, talking of such things, September is fast approaching, ant more thoughts on a vigil for the burned man at Shoreham that we discussed recently?.

August 5, 2017 at 9:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie
Yes we must talk about that. Did you say Saturday night of 16th Sept would be a good time? I will tell my cousin about it as I think he may be interested but he might be working.
August 5, 2017 at 1:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tom G

Malcolm at August 5, 2017 at 9:36 AM

This sounds most interesting & would make for a good investigation.Count me in, if it is gioing to happen, talking of such things, September is fast approaching, ant more thoughts on a vigil for the burned man at Shoreham that we discussed recently?.

Am still interested.

--

August 5, 2017 at 1:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Malcolm

Yes, the night if the 16/17 of September is the 77th anniversary of the incident that this apparition is believed to come from. It will mean a late night though & in more than one location. Maybe we can do this & the ice house in the same month?.

August 5, 2017 at 4:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tom G

Malcolm at August 5, 2017 at 4:30 PM

Yes, the night if the 16/17 of September is the 77th anniversary of the incident that this apparition is believed to come from. It will mean a late night though & in more than one location. Maybe we can do this & the ice house in the same month?.

Sounds a feast to me (a novice at this sort of thing!).

--

August 5, 2017 at 7:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Linda

--

August 9, 2017 at 4:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

1212 views - 0 comments
1418 views - 0 comments
1412 views - 0 comments
1527 views - 0 comments

Recent Video Blogs